Many individuals find that as they age that changes in strength, mental clarity, or health make it hard to maintain their independence at home. Too many of these seniors assume that their only option is assisted living or a nursing home. But there is a better way.
AARP reports, “More than 2.4 million U.S. workers provide in-home personal and health care for older adults and people with disabilities, a labor force that has more than doubled since 2010… A shift in long-term care from institutional settings like nursing facilities to people aging in place in their own homes and communities has fueled the growth, PHI says. The change is likely to continue as the population ages. The U.S. Census Bureau projects that the 65-and-older population, which was just over 54 million in 2019, will grow to 94.7 million by 2060.” Click here for the AARP article.
Increasingly, folks in Grand Rapids are discovering the benefits of personalized care at home vs institutional settings like nursing home facilities. Leaves Personal Care is one of a select few home care providers with the experience and expertise to help seniors maintain their independence at home on a 24/7 basis. Here are some of the benefits AARP highlights for selecting a qualified Home Care agency like Leaves Personal Care:
- Prescreened Workers – Leaves provides nationwide background checks on all caregivers.
- Relevant Experience – Some of our caregivers have been with us for over 10 years and have worked with all sorts of diagnoses and conditions.
- Backup Care – In the unusual event that a caregiver cannot make it, we can usually provide a replacement quickly.
- Fast upgrades – If your loved one’s needs change, we can provide additional, applicable training.
- Liability Protection – We are bonded and insured and provide Workers Compensation insurance in case a caregiver is injured on the job.
- No paperwork – We handle the payroll, taxes, and scheduling so you can sit back and relax.
With 20 years of experience and over 50 caregivers on staff, Leaves Personal Care is an excellent choice for 24/7 care at home. The cost of Assisted Living including room and board and care needs can quickly escalate to over $6,000/month while the average Leaves’ client pays less than $3,000/month to maintain their dignity and independence at home.